Apr 23, 2019
Welcome to Episode 39 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. It's almost May, which means IT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL.
Here's what this episode includes:
- Top 25 rundown (at 3:20)
- Giving our brief thoughts on every team in the latest Top
25 and how the rankings have shifted over the last few weeks.
- A lacrosse
team ended Concordia-Chicago's win streak, yikes
- Jordan saw Rowan and TCNJ in person and they are both very
- The good and the bad of the Denison Big Red
- Is 28-2 Coe for real?
- Whitewater should be higher, come on people
- So many Panthers (Chapman, LaGrange, Birmingham-Southern)
- Swathmore drops out, big week coming up against Johns
- ...and more!
- Predicting the top teams (at 16:44) in each region for the
first regional rankings (to be
released here on Wednesday afternoon). Topics include:
- Who will be #2 in the Central?
- Trying to clear up the top of the loaded South and New England
- The relatively disappointing Mideast Region
- Why Cortland is still clearly #1 in New York despite a
frustrating season thus far
- Why is the West so down compared to last year?
- ...and more!
- Biasball (at 26:40)
- WashU staying hot with a sweep of Emory and a UAA title and the
500th career win for head coach Pat Bloom
- Wooster has been up (16-0 win + no-hitter) and down (allowing
21 runs at home to a regional rival) lately but have some big games
to redeem themselves soon
...then we say goodbye. Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod (DMs are open if you want to
reach us there) and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759