May 14, 2019
Welcome to Episode 45 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. This is the third of eight regional preview podcasts in
which we break down two regionals paired up for a super regional.
This episode focuses on the Chapman and Texas Lutheran regionals.
- Chapman regional (best-of-5)
- 1. Chapman (at 0:50)
- The offense is mildly underwhelming -- fortunately, the
pitching staff is ridiculously amazing
- 2. Whitman (at 5:31)
- The Blues won the NWC for the first time in decades -- now
they'll take on one of the best teams in the country
- Texas Lutheran regional
- 1. Trinity (Texas) (at 9:00)
- The Tigers are back in the postseason where they belong -- now
it's time to perform like the elite team they are
- 4. Franklin (at 11:57)
- Flying down to Texas is a tough assignment for the Grizzlies,
but they might just have the offense to compete with anyone
- 2. Texas Lutheran (at 14:21)
- The 2018 national runner-ups will be hosting, and will surely
be eager to perform well -- especially with their conference rival
Trinity coming to town
- 3. Concordia (Texas) (at 17:22)
- The Tornados have two aces and a stellar offense, and just
might have the recipe to win this regional as a
- Our picks to win the two regionals
...then we say goodbye. Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod (DMs are open if you want to
reach us there) and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759