May 14, 2019
Welcome to Episode 44 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. This is the second of eight regional preview podcasts in
which we break down two regionals paired up for a super regional.
This episode focuses on the Trinity (CT) and Cortland regionals.
- Trinity (CT) regional
- 1. Babson (at 0:44)
- The Beavers are a damn good baseball team and you've got to be
on your super-duper A-game to beat them
- 4. Keystone (at 4:45)
- This is not your father's four-seed...the Giants have some
- 2. Trinity (CT) (at 9:00)
- Despite missing the NESCAC conference tournament, their
remarkable resume earned them a two-seed and the right to host --
but how did they beat all those good teams?
- 3. Salve Regina (at 11:50)
- Few teams have three excellent starters like the Seahawks do,
not to mention a legit All-American candidate in the outfield
- Cortland regional
- 1. Cortland (at 15:15)
- It's the 27th-straight (!!!!!!!!!!) regional appearance for the
Red Dragons. Need we say more?
- 4. Alvernia (at 20:35)
- They've got an All-American candidate, but will need the
pitching to step up
- 2. Penn State-Harrisburg (at 23:20)
- Dingers, y'all. These guys are fun.
- 3. Tufts (at 27:43)
- The NESCAC champs boast impressive numbers against weaker
competition -- now they'll test themselves against some stronger
- Our picks to win the two regionals
...then we say goodbye. Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod (DMs are open if you want to
reach us there) and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to email@example.com
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759