May 28, 2019
Welcome to Episode 53 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. The World Series is chillin' in Cedar
Rapids for the first time, and we are here to preview it. We
cover the eight teams lucky enough to still be playing baseball in
the order of the
bracket, from top to bottom:
- Chapman (at 3:22)
- Can the Panthers and their spectacular pitching staff make it
four-straight D-III titles for the West region?
- Washington & Jefferson (at 8:00)
- Are they this year's Cinderella or are they just a normal
really good baseball team?
- Webster (at 11:34)
- The Gorloks have rode their pitching and defense to their 4th
World Series appearance
- UMass-Boston (at 15:30)
- This team has been hot for over a month now, and will look to
have a better showing than their relatively early exit in the 2017
- Babson (at 20:20)
- It's the first ever World Series appearance for the Beavers,
but they also might be the best overall team in the field
- Johns Hopkins (at 24:18)
- How well will the Blue Jays Dinger Machine travel away from
cozy Babb Field?
- Birmingham-Southern (at 32:40)
- The Panthers will be on the road for the first time since
mid-April, but have a loaded squad ready to make a run
- Heidelberg (at 36:40)
- One of the deepest lineups heading to Cedar Rapids will try to
stay hot in their 2nd World Series appearance in program
- We predict the winners (at 40:39) in each pool and then who
will win the 2019 World Series...as if we have any idea at all
...then we say goodbye. Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod (DMs are open if you want to
reach us there) and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759