May 16, 2019
Welcome to Episode 49 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. This is the seventh of eight regional preview podcasts in
which we break down two regionals paired up for a super regional.
This episode focuses on the Kean and Johns Hopkins regionals.
- Kean regional
- 1. Ithaca (at 1:10)
- The top-ranked New York region team, the Bombers have one of
the deepest rosters in the tournament, including a pair of twins in
- 4. Westfield State (at 7:19)
- The MASCAC champs boast one of the best 1-2 punches in D-III,
but will it be enough?
- 2. Kean (at 10:35)
- The Cougars are hosting as a 2-seed, and will try to perform
better on their home field than they did during the NJAC tournament
-- and might have their own Pat Venditte?!??!?!?!
- 3. Shenandoah (at 14:55)
- The Hornets' offense has finally started to look like the elite
unit we expected it to be
- johns Hopkins regional
- 1. TCNJ (at 18:30)
- Winning the NJAC is no small feat -- now the Lions will look to
make a deep run in the postseason
- 4. Susquehanna (at 22:19)
- The Landmark champs won't blow you away but could still be a
frisky 4-seed on the right day
- 2. Johns Hopkins (at 25:38)
- SO MANY DINGERS! The Blue Jays and their ruthless long ball
machine of an offense will try to defend their beautiful home turf
as the 2-seed
- 3. Farmingdale State (at 30:40)
- The Rams won the Skyline Conference and posted some pretty
crazy numbers all year long -- how will it translate against better
- Our picks to win the two regionals
...then we say goodbye. Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod (DMs are open if you want to
reach us there) and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759