May 17, 2018
Welcome to Episode 24 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. This is the eighth of our eight postseason regional
preview podcasts -- this one focuses on the 8-team Mid-Atlantic
Regional which will take place in York, PA. We break down each of
the eight teams. In order:
- #1 Rowan (at 2:43)
- We know the NJAC teams can pitch, but this one can hit too;
this is an elite team that should be taken very seriously
- #8 Castleton (at 6:23)
- The Spartans rolled through the NAC again; can Davis Mikell
single-handedly take down Rowan? It ain't gonna be easy.
- #2 Babson (at 8:00)
- Few teams have been as consistent as the NEWMAC champion
Beavers; can their balanced attack find success in the
- #7 Catholic (at 9:47)
- Brennan Cotter and Jon Mierzwa are the high-end talent, but
this is an all-around team with a real chance to compete
- #3 Arcadia (at 12:43)
- The Knights showcased one of the more explosive offenses in all
of D-III over the last few weeks; can they score enough to make
their shaky pitching irrelevant?
- #6 Union (at 14:58)
- The Dutchmen can also score with the best of them; they could
be in for a slugfest with the Knights
- #4 Virginia Wesleyan (at 16:38)
- One of the most surprising teams of the season, the Marlins
look ready to make some noise in the regional. Having one of the
best two-way players in the country will certainly
- #5 Misericordia (at 18:08)
- The Cougars are back after another MACF title. Can a deep
pitching staff fuel a deep regional run?
We conclude with our top players and pitchers to watch, and our
pick to punch their ticket to Appleton (at 19:35). Then we say
goodbye. Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod (DMs are open if you want to
reach us there) and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to email@example.com
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759