May 17, 2018
Welcome to Episode 20 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. This is the fourth of our eight postseason regional
preview podcasts -- this one focuses on the 8-team New England
Regional which will take place in Harwich, MA. We break down each
of the eight teams. In order:
- #1 UMass-Boston (at 1:44)
- The Beacons have been rolling all season long; can anyone slow
them down in Harwich?
- #8 Penn State-Berks (at 4:05)
- Toby Welk might be able to win the regional on his own (with a
little help from Tyler Comport)
- #2 Oswego State (at 7:17)
- Fresh off an incredible run to a SUNYAC title, the Lakers are
ready to live up to their #2 seed label in a strong regional
- #7 Suffolk (at 9:09)
- The Rams had no trouble winning the GNAC, but their
non-conference schedule is really what prepared them for stronger
- #3 Keystone (at 10:58)
- This Giants team seemingly has more impact talent than recent
Keystone contenders; can they make it back to Appleton?
- #6 Mitchell (at 12:50)
- Another strong campaign in the NECC for the Mariners, but have
they got what it takes against stronger competition?
- #4 Western New England (at 14:38)
- The Golden Bears take more walks than almost any other team in
the nation; can they OBP their way to Appleton?
- #5 Ramapo (at 16:50)
- A strong year in the NJAC should prepare the Roadrunners for a
deep regional run
We conclude with our top players and pitchers to watch, and our
pick to punch their ticket to Appleton (at 18:43). Then we say
goodbye. Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod (DMs are open if you want to
reach us there) and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to email@example.com
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759