May 17, 2018
Welcome to Episode 19 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. This is the third of our eight postseason regional
preview podcasts -- this one focuses on the 6-team West Regional
which will take place in Spokane, WA. We break down each of the six
teams. In order:
- #1 Chapman (at 1:44)
- After an enormous statement in the SCIAC championship game, can
the Panthers live up to the #1 seed and make it to Appleton?
- #6 Willamette (at 4:12)
- The Bearcats have had a lot of time off since winning the NWC
title; how far can Connor Bailey and Matt Steindorf take them?
- #2 Redlands (at 6:14)
- Perhaps the most balanced all-around team in the West, the
Bulldogs will look to avenge their disappointing conference
tournament with a strong regional showing
- #5 Texas-Dallas (at 9:20)
- The Comets got hot at the right time, and are ready to try and
outscore any and all opponents
- #3 Concordia-Texas (at 11:42)
- The numbers don't jump off the page, but there are many reasons
to fear the Tornados in a regional setting
- #4 Texas Lutheran (at 15:14)
- The Bulldogs have felt like a team of destiny all year long;
Riley Schaefer/Tyler Cauley + Dylan Drgac/Nathan Malinovsky =
goooooooood baseball team.
We conclude with our top players and pitchers to watch, and our
pick to punch their ticket to Appleton (at 19:40). Then we say
goodbye. Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod (DMs are open if you want to
reach us there) and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to email@example.com
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759