Mar 6, 2018
Welcome to Episode 10 of The Podcast About Division III
Baseball. After spending eight podcasts previewing each of the
eight regions of the D-III baseball universe, it's time to settle
into the regular season and take stock in what we've seen so far.
This episode includes...
- 0:55 -- A discussion on the qualities of a good D-III baseball
livestream, and why UMass-Boston is the gold standard
- 3:12 -- Reviewing the Cortland/Johns Hopkins déjà vu walk-off
dinger, and our thoughts on those two powerhouse teams thus far.
What's wrong with Cortland? What makes Josh Hejka so
- 6:25 -- Is Trinity (Texas) BACK? Is that a dumb question?
- 8:35 -- Checking in on the Randolph-Macon Yellow Jackets, who
had a hot start before getting swept at home by Rowan. Then we fall
down a Rowan Profs rabbit hole. What is a Prof?
- 11:41 -- A couple teams that we liked heading into the season
who have disappointed thus far
- 13:00 -- An appreciation of Frostburg State senior right-hander
Greg Schneider's outrageous start to the 2018 season
- 14:32 -- Wooster update: they beat Mount Union and Dan Harwood
went crazy! Hooray!
- 15:35 -- WashU update: The upcoming Florida schedule is
- 17:11 -- Our D-III hypothetical this week is: Which former
D-III player currently in pro ball would make their alma mater a
definitive World Series contender if they returned to the team
- 23:45 -- A hat tip to the teams who have yet to begin their
season, and then we say goodbye.
Thanks for listening!
Follow us on Twitter @d3baseballpod and @CespedesBBQ.
Send us your best D-III stories or any other comments or
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe + rate/review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-podcast-about-division-iii-baseball/id1342691759